|(cute little spider thought itself being a smart, stealth hunter)|
Arg... You are too big for my larder!
A few interesting facts:
- spiders are not insects, though both are Arthropods (invertebrate, exoskeleton, segmented body and jointed legs).
- spiders are classified as arachnids (8 legs, 2-part body, NO antennae and NO wings), and so are scorpions.
- insects are a class (6 legs, 3-part body, 2 antennae, can have wings).
- All spiders produce silk, but not all spiders spin web to hunt.
- Spiders are the only arachnids that have spinnerets (to produce silk) at the rear end of their tummy.
A more serious, but cool, page for in-depth information on spiders' silk and how they turn liquid crystal into fibres: